Redmond Regional Medical Center is proud to have earned numerous accreditations from professional medical organizations across our service lines and to be the recipient of awards and recognitions highlighting our commitment to quality, compassionate, and comprehensive patient care.
The Partnership for Health and Accountability (PHA) and Patient Safety Awards – Georgia Hospital Association
- First Place - Josh Nahum Award for Infection Prevention: “A Systematic Approach to Reducing Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections in a Community Based Hospital”
- Second Place Hospital /Health Systems: “Reducing Ionizing Radiation Exposure for Patients – A Multi-Hospital Systems’ Approach”
- Third Place - Quality and Patient Safety Award for Hospitals with 100-299 Beds “Extubation Celebration: Less is better!”
- Third Place Josh Nahum Award for Infection Prevention: “Know Sepsis: Identifying the Signs and Symptoms Early to Reduce Mortality and Improve Patient Care”
- First Place Quality and Patient Safety Award for Hospitals with 100-299 Beds “Improving IV Pump Safety and Effectiveness of Alarms!”
2008 to Present - Circle of Excellence, Partnership for Health and Accountability by Georgia Hospital Association (GHA)
The Circle of Excellence is for hospitals who have demonstrated a sustained commitment to quality and patient safety as evidenced by earning three or more patient safety awards from the Georgia Hospital Association's Partnership for Healthcare and Accountability within the previous 5 years and being a current award winner in the year of the Circle of Excellence Award.
2016 - 2017 Award for Excellence Coverdell Stroke Registry by Georgia Department of Public Health and the Georgia Coverdell Acute Stroke Registry
The “Door-to-Needle Time” award is given to hospitals that have entered a minimum of five patients in 2015 with an average door-to-needle time of less than 45 minutes. The award is also offered to hospitals that have shown a 20% decrease in door-to-needle time compared to the previous year.
2012 - 2020 Gold Plus Achievement Award for Heart Failure by the American Heart Association
Redmond Regional has treated a minimum of 85% compliance to the core standard levels of care as outlined by the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology secondary prevention guidelines for Heart Failure Patients.
2014 - 2020 Get with the Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award and 2015-2020 Target Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus, 2014 Target Stroke Honor Roll by the American Heart and American Stroke Associations
Target: Stroke is a national quality improvement campaign of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association designed to improve outcomes for ischemic stroke patients by helping hospitals achieve door-to-needle (DTN) times of 60 minutes or less.
The Joint Commission Accreditation
Redmond Regional is proud to be accredited by The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission accredits and certifies more than 15,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States. Joint Commission accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization's commitment to meeting certain performance standards. Accreditation is awarded to a health care organization that is in compliance with all standards at the time of the on-site survey or has successfully addressed requirements for improvement within 90 days following the survey.
Redmond has the distinction of holding seven certificates from the Joint Commission for outstanding care:
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI)
- Vascular Surgery, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, and Carotid Stenosis
- Advanced Heart Failure
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Joint Replacement - Hip
- Joint Replacement – Knee
American College of Radiology Awards
The American College of Radiology (ACR) is a professional medical organization dedicated to making imaging safe, effective, and accessible to those who need it. Accreditation means Redmond Regional’s radiologists and technologists meet ACR standards of image quality, personnel qualifications, equipment requirements, quality assurance, and quality control.
Redmond Regional has multiple ACR accreditations:
- Breast Center of Excellence
- 2016 Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center
- 2012 to present - Accreditation of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Services for Head, Spine, Body, MSK, and MRA
- 2012 to present - Accreditation for Mammography's Three Units
- 2010 to present - Accreditation of Nuclear Medicine Services
- 2010 to present - Accreditation for Breast Ultrasound and Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy
2005 to Present - Accredited Chest Pain Center, currently Cycle IV with PCI, from the Society of Chest Pain Centers
The Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC) has an organizational mission dedicated to the improvement of the clinical processes for the early assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and heart failure (HF) within facilities serving our communities.
2018 Lung Screening Center of Excellence - Lung Cancer Alliance
Redmond is leading the way to improve lung cancer outcomes by providing lung screenings for those at-risk as part of their continuum of multi-disciplinary care for lung cancer.
2017 – Commission on Cancer Accredited Program by American College of Surgeons
Commission on Cancer accreditation is nationally recognized by organizations, including the National Cancer Institute, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, National Quality Forum, American Cancer Society, and The Joint Commission, as having established data-driven performance measures for the provision of quality cancer care.