Injury Coordinators (IC) serve as the Workers' Comp Liaisons between the healthcare provider, employer, employee and carrier keeping all parties informed through rapid communication and provides:
- Early Intervention
- Aggressive Return to Work
- Work Status & Physical Capabilities
- Tracking and notification of missed appointments
- Partners with Redmond's emergency department which is open 24/7.
- Follow-up care provided at six Family Care Centers in four NW Georgia counties
- Arranges specialty and therapy referrals of work related injuries or illness
- Worksite Assessment
- Customized Workers' Comp Panel of Physicians
Redmond's network of providers and Injury Managers/Coordinators are certified through the Georgia State Board of Workers' Compensation Medical Provider program (MPWCP). The Redmond Family Care Centers are available from 8:00am until 7:45pm, Monday thru Friday, Saturday 8:00am – 7:45pm and Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm. Redmond Regional Medical Center's Emergency Room and the Worksite Response Team provide 24-hour injury coverage using protocols designed to keep employees on the job.
Redmond's network partners with the injured worker and employer on injury treatment, education on injury prevention and returns the employee to productive employment. Redmond medical providers are knowledgeable in initial injury treatment, and assist the employer in providing modified duty work programs. Our Injury Coordinators keep close contact with employers and providers to control medical claims costs.
For injury management needs, please call (706) 290-8014.