- Services Explorer
- All Services
- Cancer Care
- Cardiology Services
- Diabetes Care
- Emergency Services
- Hospitalist Services
- Imaging & Diagnostics
- Nutrition Services
- Occupational Health
- Orthopaedic Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Surgical Services
- Women's Services
- Wound Care Services
Preparing for Surgery
In order to ensure our patients are best educated to begin their joint replacement journey, we have created the following educational categories for you to review prior to your joint replacement or for you to reference after you return home. You make click on the links below or in the column on your left.
- Pre-Surgery Home Planning – Please review this list prior to coming to the hospital and ensure that you have checked off all of the recommendations that you can before your surgery. This will ensure that you arrive at the hospital prepared and that your transition to home is a well-planned and safe transition.
- Pre-Operation Visit – In most cases, our patients will schedule a Pre-Op visit prior to their surgery in order to complete paper work, labs and a few other “getting ready” activities. Please review this section before your Pre-Op visit to ensure you know what to expect and are able to bring everything that’s needed.
- Night Before Surgery – This is a checklist that you should review the Night Before you are scheduled for surgery. This checklist will allow you to do one last check to make sure you have everything needed before coming to Redmond.
- Morning of Surgery – This is a checklist that you should review the Morning of Your Surgery, before you come to the hospital. This checklist will allow you to do one last check to make sure you have everything needed before coming to Redmond.
- Day of Surgery – Day of Surgery information is intended to give you and your family an idea of what to expect the day of surgery including how long the surgery will take and where your family will meet you.
- Hospital Care – This page will provide you with information about our Joint Center.
- Discharge Instructions – Specific Discharge instructions will be given to you and your coach before you leave the hospital, but this page will provide you with general information you can expect to receive before you are discharged from the hospital.
Please call us with any questions you make have. We look forward to seeing you at Redmond’s Sidney A. Bell Total Joint Center and helping you get back to a healthy, active lifestyle!