Awards & Recognition
- Five-Star Rated for Treatment of Heart Failure
- Critical Care
- Five-Star Rated for Treatment of Respiratory Failure for 2 Years in a Row (2011-2012)
- Recipient of the HealthGrades General Surgery Excellence Award™
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for General Surgery
- Five-Star Rated for Spine Surgery for 5 Years in a Row (2008-2012)
- Ranked #1 in GA for Spine Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- Five-Star Rated for Back and Neck Surgery (Spinal Fusion) for 8 Years in a Row (2005-2012)
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Orthopaedic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 5 Years in a Row (2008-2012)
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Orthopaedic Services for 5 Years in a Row (2008-2012)
- Ranked Among the Top 10 in GA for Overall Orthopaedic Services for 10 Years in a Row (2003-2012)| Ranked 4 in 2012
- Five-Star Rated for Overall Orthopaedic Services for 5 Years in a Row (2008-2012)
- Five-Star Rated for Treatment of Pneumonia
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Prostatectomy Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- Ranked #1 in GA for Prostatectomy for 2 Years in a Row (2011-2012)
- Five-Star Rated for Prostatectomy for 7 Years in a Row (2006-2012)
- Five-Star Rated for Carotid Surgery
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award™
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Outstanding Patient Experience
- In 2011, Redmond Regional Medical Center was designated as an Aetna Institutes of Quality® (IOQ) for Orthopedic surgery due to excellence in Total Joint Replacement procedures.
- Redmond Regional Medical Center holds the Gold Seal of Approval™ in five of its top clinical programs.
Certifications awarded include:
Advanced Certification for Heart Failure Care
Recertification for Total Hip Replacement Procedures
Recertification for Total Knee Replacement Procedures
Recertification in Heart Attack Care (AMI)
Renewed Advanced Certification in Primary Stroke Care
- Redmond Regional received the Get With the Guidelines® - Heart Failure Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association. The recognition signifies that Redmond Regional has reached impressive benchmarks in the evidence-based treatment of heart failure patients.
Redmond Regional was awarded a three-year term of accreditation in breast ultrasound and ultrasound guided breast biopsy, as the result of a survey by the American College of Radiology (ACR). This meets all requirements for the Breast Center of Excellence Certification.
- Belinda Fleming, RN, CCRN-CSC, of Redmond’s Intensive Care Unit received the Cardiovascular Surgery Certification (CSC), making her a part of a distinct group of nurses in the nation. Fewer than 500 RNs across the country hold this certification in the entire country and Fleming became one of the first Georgia RNs to receive it.
- Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), the parent company of Redmond Regional Medical Center and Polk Medical Center was selected as one of Computerworld’s top workplaces for information technology professionals. HCA rose to No. 42 on the publication’s top 100 list from a No. 56 ranking last year.
- Redmond Regional received the Georgia Coverdell Champion Hospitals of the Year Award for excellence in stroke care. Redmond earned this award in the medium hospital category of 101-350 beds.
- The Redmond Regional Medical Center diabetes self-management education program was awarded continued Recognition from the American Diabetes Association. This program offers high-quality education services to the patients it serves.
- HCA, the parent company of Redmond Regional of Rome and Polk Medical of Cedartown was included on the Ethisphere Institute list of the top most Ethical Companies in the World. This award highlights 100 organizations that lead the way in promoting ethical business standards.
- Polk Medical Center of Cedartown and Redmond Regional Medical Center of Rome were named to the Georgia Hospital Association’s (GHA) Partnership for Health and Accountability (PHA) Quality Honor Roll. Polk Medical and Redmond Regional are two of only 14 hospitals in Georgia to be placed in the Chairman’s category, the highest on the list.
- The Partnership for Health and Accountability (PHA) presented its prestigious Quality and Patient Safety Award to Redmond Regional Medical Center in Rome for its project that reduced infection control risks through effective rounding. The project titled, “Reducing Patients’ and Employees’ Environmental and Infection Control Risks through Effective Rounding,” won third place in the Hospitals with 100 to 299 Beds Category.
- Redmond was presented with a Circle of Excellence Award, an honor given to hospitals that have demonstrated a sustained commitment to quality and patient safety as evidenced by not only winning a patient safety award in 2009, but also by earning three or more PHA Patient Safety Awards within the previous five years. These annual awards recognize Georgia health care organizations for achievement in reducing the risk of medical errors and improving patient safety and medical outcomes.
- Redmond Regional Medical Center’s John Crowley, OTR/L, MBA, an Occupational Therapist and Clinical Coordinator at Redmond Outpatient Rehab, became a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT).